17 March 2008

That's Not What She Said, Part Two: The Revenge

Hello, and welcome to the re-launch of That’s Not What She Said, a blog that no longer has anything to do with the now-defunct writers’ strike. I had thought to let this blog go dead. But no! Rescued from the depths, That’s Not What She Said now serves me in the same egomaniacal way that bloggery serves anybody else: To let me tell you what I think, and in turn what you should be thinking. Both of my readers should be ecstatic about it, I’m sure.

I decided to revive this blog when I discovered that my old gig recapping The Office over at Northern Attack appears to be winding to a close. James Fan, Grand Mucka-Muck of that site, is moving on to bigger and better things, and we wish him the best of luck in those endeavors, on which I will no doubt be updating . . . the people who bother to read this site. (Dear Reader, you are well-loved, if perhaps nonexistent.)

The purview of That’s Not What She Said will be somewhat broader and less detailed than the exhaustive recaps I offered at Northern Attack. Though I intend to remain glib, and to continue to offer opinions on The Office, as the television season grinds back into gear I will also be serving up humorous piffle in connection with other shows, including Lost, Scrubs, 30 Rock, and Battlestar Galactica. Violating somewhat the premise stated in at the top of the page (“It’s not culture if it’s not pop”), you may also find some thoughts on books (though only cursory, I’m sure). I could bust you in the mug with my opinions on music, though I must admit that I am no longer as connected with that scene as I once was. And movies. We can discuss movies as well. There could even be the occasional baseball post, but never fear -- I’ll leave the baseball to those who are better informed than I.

What you won’t be getting: Egregious errors in spelling, punctuation, or capitalization. L33T speak. Reality television talk. (Sorry.) Any discussion of Grey’s Anatomy, House, or 24, unless it’s snide or sarcastic. (Not sorry.) The story of my life. Word-mincing. Politics.

What you will be getting: The world. No. Opinions stronger than your morning coffee. That’s more like it. As per above, I don’t mince words. I am not the world’s nicest person. I think fast, I write fast (at least when it comes to the Interwebs I do), and I don’t really have the time or inclination to temper my opinions so as not to hurt people’s feelings. Come fall, when a full slate of shows returns, I’m hoping to provide recaps and analysis of the shows listed above, and perhaps a couple of others. If this turns out to be onerous (and if anybody starts reading), I may end up having to take on helpers -- we’ll see. Until then, come! Let us explore cyberspace together!

No comments: