04 December 2007

Don't Ask Me, I Just Work Here

Hollywood Reporter: Well, the AMPTP made its offer, and at the very least, the WGA didn't storm from the room. They're countering tomorrow, though no one seems to know the details. So, yeah: What do we know? Nothing. I'm no longer optimistic, I'm no longer pessimistic, I'm just confused.

Sydney (Australia) Morning Herald: It appears that Leno will be paying staffers' salaries after all. Yet another contradictory report from yet another source. Sigh.

So anyway, with news no longer flying so fast, I'm going to try to summon the energy to expand the M.O. of That's Not What She Said. I'll be working on a second "flashcap" forc Northern Attack soon, but with any luck I'll be able to post here with reviews of the "Veronica Mars" season 3 DVD box, and do the same for "The Wire" season 4 shortly thereafter. Whee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd be interested to note the latest post in Julie Elgar's "That's What She Said Blog". I for one will no longer be reading her blog (which I've found educational and entertaining for months now) as a result of her decision to use the strike as an opportunity to advocate anti-unionism --

"The strike continues and it doesn’t look like it is going to end any time soon. Indeed, one blog reported yesterday that negotiations are actually going backwards! To make matters worse, it looks like several actors are honoring the picket line. I think we might be going without our beloved “Office” for several more weeks. I’m not sure that I can take it.

Some big names, such as Carson Daly, crossed the picket line and went back to work this week. Other big names have begun personally paying their staff’s salaries during the strike. But the reality is that many staffers have lost – and will continue to lose - their paychecks. I’m not talking about the fat cats who can afford to do so. I’m talking about those folks
who work for them. At Christmas time. I can’t think of a better lesson for why companies should work hard to remain union-free. And I think its time that we started giving some tips on how they can do so. I’ve asked some experts in the area to chime in and give us some real-life guidance. So stay tuned."